Supply Chain Manager
Our client, a major Health Care System located in Rhode Island, is seeking a full-time Supply Chain Manager.
Responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling material resources to support quality service to customers; as defined as any member of our hospital employees, community, and all partners, most importantly including our patients. Position is responsible for managing the business functions of all areas of Material Support Services Division. This includes inventory procurement and control, charging and billing analysis, and coordination of the materials management system throughout the hospital with regards the shipping & receiving, storage, distribution, and disposal of materials, goods and services. This position is also responsible for managing of external contract vendor which includes Mail Room, Print Shop, and Multi Use Devices across the hospital system.
- Required: Associate’s Degree.
- Preferred: 4-year degree BA or Masters.
- Prior management/supervising experience 1-3 years.
- Familiar with acceptable supply chain and buying procedures. Familiar with material handling, incoming, and outgoing in a supply chain setting.
- Intermediary excel, Microsoft office, and system skills. Knowledge and ability of Meditech or equivalent buying system.
- Ability to utilize sound interpersonal skills, communication, and analytical skills.
- Minimal supervisions with motivation and self-direction to attain daily/annual tactical and strategic goals.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma principles.
- Advanced system skills such as Excel or the buying/PAR inventory system.
- Pursuing additional college or Master’s degree.
- Five years of progressively more responsibilities and related experience with demonstrated abilities in management in the health care field.
- Knowledge of JCAHO and state regulations for both acute and skilled nursing facilities.
- Knowledge of managing a union healthcare staff in material management.
Competitive salary and benefits are offered.
All inquiries will remain confidential.
Our client is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.